[thelist] Payment offsite or on site?

Matt McKeon matt at camadro.com
Wed Jan 14 13:25:35 CST 2009

Joel D Canfield wrote:
>> What are your opinions about the off-site approach these days?  Think
>> users care?
>>

> which users? you have to know who they are before you can know what they
> think
I'd definitely agree with what Joel said, you have to take a good look
at the target audience.

For instance, my first thoughts when visiting a new site are influenced
with the quality of presentation. If a site looks shady, I'm certainly
not going to give up my credit card info, but  I *might* if the option
of using PayPal exists because I can trust them.
On the other hand, if its an established brand/website, then I might be
curious to why they are using PayPal. For instance, it would seem odd to
me to buy a book from O'Reilly using PayPal on their site.

Just some really quick thoughts, HTH
-Matt