[thelist] star-hacks vs conditional comments

Will willthemoor at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 14:51:20 CST 2009

I think this is the trend, yes.  That said, I much prefer star hacks.
The thought of sticking Microsoft specific code into my html just
pisses me off.  Also, I generally tend to think of HTML has built to
last and CSS as disposable so I'm more inclined to cruft up my CSS
then my HTML.

Also, practically speaking, when I want to fix something on #nav li
{}, I want all the #nav li styles next to each other, not spread
across multiple spreadsheets. Tried it for a while and it just wound
up annoying me too much.

2 out-of-fashion cents,
Will