[thelist] making a custom php error handler understand @

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 13:37:16 CST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Jeremy Weiss <eccentric.one at gmail.com>wrote:

> One of the companies I subcontract for uses a custom error handling
> script on most of their sites. Over all it seems like a fine script,
> but I've discovered that it totally ignores PHP's error control
> operator. I've done a bit of digging on php.net and hit Google up but
> wasn't able to find anything on how to tell a custom error handler to
> look for @
>
> Here's the script we're using:  http://pastebin.com/m5db37744
>
> If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate
> it.
>
> thanks,
> -jeremy
> --
> http://lists.evolt.org
> Workers of the Web, evolt !

PHP.net says regarding set_error_handler:

It is important to remember that the standard PHP error handler is
completely bypassed.
error_reporting()<http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.error-reporting.php>settings
will have no effect and your error handler will be called
regardless - however you are still able to read the current value of
error_reporting<http://www.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.configuration.php#ini.error-reporting>and
act appropriately. Of particular note is that this value will be 0 if
the statement that caused the error was prepended by the @ error-control
operator <http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.errorcontrol.php>.

If you need more detailed, I'll be glad to explain, but I think that
statement should suffice.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com