[thelist] Joomla menu item order not being respected

Sarah Adams sarahwbs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:47:48 CST 2009

I'm building a site using Joomla 1.5.9. For some reason I cannot get it
to respect the menu item ordering I set using the Menu Item Manager.
I've tried using the up and down arrows in the Order column of the Menu
Item Manager (and clicking Save Order at the end). I've also tried
setting the order by editing each menu item and changing the Order in
the Menu Item Edit screen. No matter what I do, the menu items are never
sorted in the order they are in the Menu Item Manager.

I can't figure out if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong...
or maybe it's just a limitation of Joomla. My searching via google and
the joomla forums hasn't found me anything useful.

(fyi, I cross-posted this to the Joomla forums:
<http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=368029>)

--
sarah adams
my thoughts: http://twitter.com/sarahwbs