[thelist] find

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 07:17:12 CST 2009

how about using * although not sure about CASE sensitivity, probably a flag
on find maybe?

find . -name *whatever* -exec rm {} \;

you can also pipe the response and use xargs to remove

find . -name *whatever* | xargs rm

A quick search on case :

GNU find has a case-insensitive option '-iname', however
other 'finds' don't have it and we have to make do with
the [..] constructs.e.g., to search for all files ending in
.pdf/.PDF/.pDf/... etc.
find . \( -name '*.[pP][dD][fF]' -o -name '.*.[pP][dD][fF]' \) -print

Ben

--
Ben Morrison