[thelist] Client site hacked - need help understanding inserted PHP code

CosmicFawn CosmicFawn at mystrealm.com
Thu Mar 26 11:20:17 CDT 2009

Thanks for the reply, but the files are all read only already.  I've already done the usual change all passwords, etc. what I really was looking for was what that code was supposed to do once it was in there.

Thanks again.

CosmicFawn wrote:
>/ I have a client who's website was hacked into in the last few days, I
/>/ know for sure that someone was in there because they've added some php
/>/ code to my dbinfo file.  I was wondering if someone out there with more
/>/ php knowledge than I have can tell me what this code is designed to do.
Make sure all your PHP files are read-only for the web server and they
won't be able to add code to your files.

Anthony Baratta

"At all times sincere friends of freedom have been rare, and its
triumphs have been due to minorities." ---Lord Acton