[thelist] What's a Programmer To Do?

Olivier Percebois-Garve percebois at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 09:14:05 CDT 2009

Hi

I understand that Drupal gives you real paid work, but ends up getting
really boring.
I also understand that you really like CakePHP, its my case too. The sad
thing, as fart as I have seen,
is that every single job offer related to a php framework that I saw was
mentioning ZF and not cake.
Maybe its different in the US, but it is like that over here in Europe. If
you feel like learning it, go for it,
but I understand that its boring option if you already know cake.

Personally I have decided to go explore Jaxer this days. This helps me
improving my js skills, and is "real coding".
 It may be soon of a real use too, since that Jaxer can be added on top of a
LAMP stack,
it can be used to do some DOM manipulation after the website has been
processed by Drupal.

I really believe that this will give us real paid jobs in about 12 -30 month
depending on how fast jaxer develops.

this is my personnal opinion, but hope I pointed you toward something
interesting.

Olivier