[thelist] What's a Programmer To Do?

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:49:38 CDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Olivier Percebois-Garve <
percebois at gmail.com> wrote:

> not sure if I understand your sentence, but one thing I have to make clear:
> With Jaxer the client has no access to the server-side code.

I'm just a grognard who has to see a nice example, that's all. Ultimately, I
need to take a look at it anyway. It's pretty much a bias against Aptana on
my part, and anything involving paying money to do my job. Which it looked
like, mind you. I may be wrong.

> ps: not sure it belongs to the same category, but thanks for the LUA tip.

I'm an avid gamer and was using Lua to handle both game and telnet based
scripting. It was pretty fun, although a large difference from my usual
coding in PHP.

That's why I would actually like a javascript server side option. I kinda
like the first-class functions method.

Lua would be great, too, if you do any C/C++ programming.

-Jack Timmons
Twitter: @codeacula