[thelist] Windows hosting recommendation offered

EvoltList at no-pun.com EvoltList at no-pun.com
Wed Apr 1 17:13:23 CDT 2009

Hi, Joel.
I get the digest, so forgive me if I have lost the trail on this thread.
But, if you are asking about web host that meet the below criteria, I could
make a recommendation:

FluidHosting.com

I have been Windows hosting with them for 4 or 5 (?) years now. They meet
all the criteria.  They are a small company, so you get good personal
attention. They now only have email or online chat support, but when you do
contact tech support you will get the same guy for Windows support (Hary) --
not some person who just consults a knowledge base.  Response time for
support has been very fast -- minutes for chat, within 24 hours for email
support. Online is generally only during normal business hours, but they
will respond via email after that.

I have one of the smaller shared hosting accounts (ASP, ASP.net, MS SQL,
MySQL, PHP, etc.; HSphere control panel) at $19.95 -- with that you can
independently host 5 domains. They have reseller, VPS, and dedicated plans
too, but I have not used those.  They have ala carte upgrades by the month
(disk space, bandwidth, dedicated IP, extra domains, etc.) so you don't
necessarily need to jump to a bigger plan.

Anyway, I have been very pleased with them (especially Hary, he's great),
and might VPS host with them for a client.

(They also have *nix hosting.)

If you contact them, tell 'em Tyme sent ya!  ;-)   (I get nothing for that,
by the way.)