[thelist] Recommendations Needed From the Experts Re: Hosting

Jeremy Weiss eccentric.one at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 12:01:16 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Lynn <aruba at cybersync.com> wrote:
> Please make some recommendations as to high quality hosting companies
> that offer reseller service.

After several bad choices in the hosting dept, I finally went ahead
and got a dedicated box at ThePlanet, and I love it. But, I also love
to tinker on things and have spent many hours doing just that.

One of the companies I do a lot of contracting for currently hosts
~600 sites with Pair and absolutely swears by them. In my dealings
with them I do have to admit that their support has been very good. My
biggest complain with Pair is that they have things locked down a
little too tight, in terms of PHP and MySQL, which caused a lot of
headaches when I first started working with them. But that could be
just me.

hth,
jeremy