[thelist] Line breaks in plain text email

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Mon Apr 6 11:10:39 CDT 2009

http://www.tizag.com/phpT/strings.php

PHP - String Creation Double-Quotes

We have used double-quotes and will continue to use them as the primary method for forming strings. Double-quotes allow for many special escaped characters to be used that you cannot do with a single-quote string. Once again, a backslash is used to escape a character.
PHP Code:

$newline = "A newline is \n";
$return = "A carriage return is \r";
$tab = "A tab is \t";