[thelist] DB "Limit" Command Question

Nick Brogna nick at wemakepretty.com
Thu Apr 16 14:09:26 CDT 2009

Sloppy, quick example...

SELECT field1,field2 FROM table ORDER BY field1 ASC LIMIT 20;

You can (loosely) break down the order of operations in the above
query like so:
  	- Get all the contents of columns field1 and field2 from the table
"table"
	- Sort our newly obtainted dataset by the value of field1 (lowest to
highest)
	- limit our dataset to be returned by the query to the first 20
records in the newly sorted dataset and return those.

Cheers,
Nick Brogna