[thelist] an elegant correlated sub-query that doesn't want to

r937 rudy at r937.com
Thu Apr 16 21:54:24 CDT 2009

> I *think* Rudy was being facetious, since his column
> is (technically) about Oracle :)

actually, it isn't, or perhaps i should say wasn't *

technically, it has always been about ~ standard SQL~

it just happens to be located on the oracle site, one of many "vertical"
(how i hate that word) sites within the techtarget.com family of sites

it began as a column at "searchdatabase.com" but this site was later
subsumed, and, after techtarget decided to focus on technology (rather than
technique, which is what i teach), my column happened to end up under the
oracle umbrella, a really lousy decision from my point of view because i
kept having to fend off oracle-specific DBA type questions and answer only
the dbms-agnostic ones

* after 8 years and almost 700 SQL answers, techtarget has decided to cancel
the column, but you can find links to all the answers at
http://r937.com/sqlate.cfm

<tip type=computerscience>
spend a while learning various sorting algorithms visually
http://www.sorting-algorithms.com/
</tip>

rudy
http://simply-sql.com/