[thelist] eCommerce - transaction status [OT]

Brian Cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Thu Apr 23 19:13:54 CDT 2009

Jack Timmons wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Brian Cummiskey <brian at hondaswap.com> wrote:
>> It is illegal to charge a credit card before the item has shipped.
> I would have to argue this. We've done business for the past 15 years
> charge first then shipping. Nothing ever mentioned about it being
> illegal.
> Where's your evidence of such? Is it a state thing? As Hassan said,
> how could you ever ensure they're actually paying  you?

page 126 of the PDF

Reason Code 30: Services Not Provided or Merchandise
Not Received
The card issuer received a claim from a cardholder that merchandise or
ordered were not received or that the cardholder cancelled the order as
the result
of not receiving the merchandise or services by the expected delivery date .

The merchant:

· Billed for the transaction before shipping the merchandise