[thelist] site check please

Sarah Adams sarahwbs at gmail.com
Fri May 8 13:01:05 CDT 2009

> Finishing up rather unusual web site, the text on the home page is
> mostly an image of some words so I put each word into a div with a class
> repeating the word - overkill perhaps? With the design that was
> presented to me couldn't see another way to get some Google Juice out of
> those words without resorting to some very complicated CSS...
>
> Thoughts?
>
> http://whiteeagle.ca

Personally, I don't see the point of the home page. It tells the user
almost nothing. When I go to a site the first question in my mind is
"what is this site about?" and that question is totally impossible to
answer based on that home page.

Also, try turning off images and stylesheets to see what Google sees. Is
that what you want visitors to see in the Google listings? If you want
"google juice" I think you're going to need some actual *content* (as
opposed to just words) on that page.

--
sarah adams
my son: http://clarkeadams.com