[thelist] site check please

Gersten, John JGERSTEN at lchb.com
Sat May 9 12:12:05 CDT 2009

Amen to "determined by the audience you're trying to reach." We had several sites geared mostly toward the elderly, and even after monitor sizes began to grow we kept most of the sites at 800x600 because we felt that population was in general more likely to be using older equipment. The desktop trend certainly is toward larger monitors, but ironically the proliferation of handheld internet devices is starting to drive some of our design toward a bi-valent "this'll work great on a big monitor but it'll scale down okay on an iPhone as well." Well, theoretically, anyway <grin>.