[thelist] IE7 scrollbar bug - sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Wed May 13 03:58:14 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Nadeem Hosenbokus
<nadeem at multigraphics.biz> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> I have tried "zoom: 1;" on the #product DIV and on it's parent.
> Unfortunately there was no change.
>
> I've been learning more about hasLayout (thanks for the pointer) and it
> seems that the #product DIV would already have Layout anyway as some of the
> styles applied to it automatically 'force' Layout:

OK, Having quick look at the actual code, you Have a DIV with Anchors inside.

display: block;">
<a class="link-product" href="javascript:
showSpecificProduct(309,'categories-level2');" id="product-">Fine
epoxy grout 2kg</a>
<a class="link-product" href="javascript:
showSpecificProduct(264,'categories-level2');" id="product-">TAL GROUT
BEIGE - 01KG</a>
<a class="link-product" href="javascript:
showSpecificProduct(265,'categories-level2');" id="product-">TAL GROUT
BEIGE - 05KGS</a>

You should change this to a UL with each Anchor wrapped inside a LI
element. Ill ignore the JS links :)

    <ul class="link-product" >
        <li><a href="javascript:
showSpecificProduct(309,'categories-level2');">Fine epoxy grout
2kg</a></li>
        <li><a href="javascript:
showSpecificProduct(264,'categories-level2');">TAL GROUT BEIGE -
01KG</a></li>
        <li><a href="javascript:
showSpecificProduct(265,'categories-level2');" >TAL GROUT BEIGE -
05KGS</a></li>
    </ul>

Apart from being more semantically correct, this way you have all of
these elements contained and this will help to achieve the required
layout.

You also have INVALID code as all these anchors have an id of "product-"

The ID attribute is a UNIQUE identifier.

You may need to give the UL hasLayout just because IE can be a
*little* flakey at times.

Ben

--
Ben Morrison