[thelist] Serve Change and Google Rank

Sales @ Lycosa sales at lycosa.co.uk
Thu May 14 08:48:45 CDT 2009

I have moved several websites across from a US based server to a UK based
server as research suggested that Google UK listings would favour sites
physically located on UK IP addresses. This has worked well, and I am
generally very happy with the results of this change.

But one website has taken a knock to its rank and some keywords have dropped
(although some are up significantly), but the overall position is not as
good as it was on the US server.

Has anyone had any experience of this, and any suggestions on how to get
these search terms back up?

Phil