[thelist] Reminder: dojo event in Manchester, UK tonight

sam foster potatosculptor at gmail.com
Mon May 18 04:56:40 CDT 2009

Manchester talk, meetup is tonight:
http://dojomanchester.eventbrite.com/

Its free and all are welcome - whether you currently use or are just
curious about Dojo. If you didnt register but want to show up on a
whim, please do, we've got space. I think this is on-topic, but here's
a tip for my absence and exploitation of this list for promoting my
OSS project of choice:

<tip type="fast javascript className matching" author="Sam Foster">
  function hasClass (node, cls) {
    return Boolean((" " + node.className + " ").indexOf("someClass"));
  }
  As elements can have more than one class, in order to determine if
an element has a particular class, you often see code to match a class
in an element's className using regexp, or splitting into an array and
walking that. By padding the className string with a space, you can
use the much faster string indexOf method. Its less error prone too.
</tip>

See you there,
Sam Foster