[thelist] Ugh - IIS 7 Gurus?

Todd Richards todd at promisingsites.com
Fri May 29 09:49:58 CDT 2009

Hi Everyone -

- Windows 2008 (IIS 7)
- MS SQL Server 2008
- ASPSmartUpload

This morning client starts to upload files to their site, but say it's
taking too long.  I test it and see an error message about an operation that
is not allowed.  The error is coming from the line "upfile.upload" where the
script starts to get the file.

I tested the same 1MB file on the dev box (running Windows 2003 / MS SQL
Server 2000) and it uploads in seconds.  I know I tested it on the live
server, so what could it be?

I start playing with different file sizes.  At 1MB, it won't upload.  At
432KB, it won't upload.  At 130KB, it UPLOADS!

I know there were some restrictions with IIS 6, and I had to go in and
manually set a "maxupload" (or something like that) setting in the
metabase.xml file.  But my understanding was that IIS 7 had a much larger
"default" threshold.

I've done several searches on Google and am either not searching for what I
need, or else I have something different going on.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Todd