[thelist] how do you manage/respond?

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Fri May 29 10:36:19 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:
> We all have multiple projects in the queue.  Occasionally you get a
> client who is slow to move on a project but then whenever they do their
> piece, they call and expect you to jump immediately with your next
> part?  Jump - how high?  Personal assistant describes the situation.
> --

Well, I give my clients a dateline on when I need info, and if they
want me to extend it for them, I politely remind them that it was a
deadline, and just as I'm expected to meet mine, I expect them to meet
theirs. Of course, I allow it to extend, but if they get to the point
of expecting me to finish right away because I have it now, I once
again politely remind them they aren't the only person in the world,
and that their project will be done as agreed.

Then again, I'm an asshole who doesn't accept many projects, and am
very strict in how things are done when I do decide to accept one. I
don't have to behave like most decent freelancers.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com