[thelist] 3D rendering in browser

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Fri May 29 01:21:43 CDT 2009

The only thing I could conscionably recommend to you is a 3D API plugin for
Flash along the lines of

http://www.papervision3d.org/ or http://www.flashsandy.org/

As Hassan mentioned, there are some very powerful ways of using Javascript
on Canvas elements dancing about:
http://kawanet.blogspot.com/2009/02/incredible-javascriptcanvas-3d-demos.html
http://www.chromeexperiments.com/detail/monster/

I wouldn't seriously recommend a JS+<canvas/> solution for a popular product
though, since the browser's Javascript engine and PC power really come into
play, and graphics acceleration is entirely unappreciated.

Regards,
Barney Carroll
Web designer & front-end developer

web: www.clickwork.net