[thelist] how do you manage/respond?

Joel D Canfield Joel at BizBa6.com
Fri May 29 11:13:15 CDT 2009

> Next time I end up in that situation I've got the
> contract to cover it: I tell them that the relationship is no longer
> tenable, deliver what work has been done and ask for payment. The end.

our contract includes a clause that says, essentially, if you haven't
given us all the data within 60 days after the contract is signed, we
can consider the contract fulfilled and bill for the balance due.

thus far we've never enforced it, primarily because we're screening
clients more carefully than when we had The Client Who Caused the Clause

joel