[thelist] Ugh - IIS 7 Gurus?

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Fri May 29 12:08:35 CDT 2009

Todd Richards wrote:
> It's actually give me the following:
>
> Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005'
> Operation not allowed
> /tools/.../file that does the uploading.asp, line 319
>
> The line 319 is the line that starts the upload:
>
> Line 318:  set upfile = server.createobject("aspSmartUpload.SmartUpload")
> Line 319:  upfile.upload
>
> And it spits out the error almost immediately.
>
> Like I said, it works without a problem on Windows 2003 / IIS 6.  But not on
> 2008 / IIS 7 with a file over a about 200KB.

First off - are you 100% sure you are on IIS 7? The 200K limit is the
olde IIS 6 limit.

Are you explicitly setting the file upload limits with the COM Object?

http://www.mistral.net/asp/aspSmartUpload/SmartUploadObject.htm

--
Anthony Baratta

"Any attempt to replace a personal conscience
by a collective conscience does violence to the
individual and is the first step toward totalitarianism."
--Herman Hesse