[thelist] web based synthesizers like WolframTones

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Jun 15 14:27:28 CDT 2009

Steven Straight asked:

>>Anyone have any advice? Any experience with softsynths or virtual instrument simulations online?

Hi Steven,

I'm certainly not an expert playing around with it ... but if you have an older box sitting around that you can sacrifice, I would recommend looking into the audio and recording tools that come packaged with Ubuntu Studio.

If you have more cash, maybe a used OSX machine where you could play with GarageBand?

Good luck,
RonL.