[thelist] Help with Social Network/Community Functionality

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 08:32:04 CDT 2009

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Randal Rust<randalrust at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The problem is that our client thinks it is a good idea to be able to
>> approve a story, yet reject the photo -- even though they are
>> submitted at the same time, as part of one unit -- if that makes
>> sense.
>
> It makes sense to me -- sounds exactly like what an editor would do.

ha! you are so right. it is a case of usability and adhering to the
defined business rules. what they don't understand is that if we
change the business rules for this one aspect, users will be wondering
why the same rules don't apply to the other areas.

> The approval flow is now certainly more complex than the decoupled
> version -- but that's an implementation detail :-)

yes. i think i have a solution that will work for the administrator
approval, and won't have much, if any, impact on the users.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications