[thelist] Newsletter Mailer Recommendations

Gersten, John JGERSTEN at lchb.com
Sat Jul 11 10:27:15 CDT 2009

I believe under US CAN-SPAM (don't recall if you mentioned a particular country for your recipient pool) you also must provide a snail-mail address on all marketing communications, although that may vary a bit when you're sending to an opt-in subscriber list. (And of course different countries probably have different-but-similar laws in place).

But it's definitely worth checking; one of the reason we began outsourcing all our large (30k and greater) mailings was because small omissions on that sort of thing can lead to large email providers like hotmail or gmail etc. blacklisting your communications. And it's a pain in the neck to get them to un-blacklist you.