[thelist] Newsletter Mailer Recommendations

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Jul 12 02:47:14 CDT 2009

On 10 Jul 2009, at 19:45, Heidi Faith wrote:

> I have a client who is a non-profit organization with 15K members. The
> mailings would be 2-4 times a month. They can't spend a lot $ and I am
> overwhelmed with all the options out there. They are on a Linux
> server and I
> have the option to use phplist but am wondering how secure it would
> be and
> ease to setup and use. The client is on a shared server so would
> need to
> queue/batch mailings.
> Any input and/or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

SugarCRM will do this, and will provide a lot of other useful
membership/donor management stuff into the bargain.

Is response tracking important? Personalisation?

However, with all solutions that do more than effectively send one
mail with a big bcc list (and believe me, individually addressed mails
are a *much* better idea), you'll need to check that the PHP memory
allocation is enough.

Cheers
Martin