[thelist] Setting Up a New Wiki

Dan Romanchik dan at danromanchik.com
Tue Jul 14 07:28:55 CDT 2009

I'm going to be setting  up a wiki for an amateur radio project that
I'm working on. The end product is going to be an online study guide
for the Amateur Extra Class license examination.

I've used pmwiki in the past, and I like it, but am just wondering if
there's something else out there that I should be considering.  Here
are a few considerations:

    * I'm  PHP guy, so would prefer that it be programmed in PHP
    * Would like to be able to restrict who can author/edit, but want
everyone to be able to read it.
    * WYSIWYG editing preferred, but could probably do with the wiki
markup language. (I don't want potential authors to have to jump
through learning curve hoops.)
    * Image upload would be a nice feature to have.

That's all I can think of for now........

Thanks in advance,

Dan Romanchik