[thelist] moving webhosting and losing all the old emails....

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Fri Jul 31 15:27:02 CDT 2009

Thanks everyone!

-----Original Message-----
From: ajdipaola at gmail.com [mailto:ajdipaola at gmail.com] On Behalf Of UIT DEV
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 4:22 PM
To: nan at nanharbison.com; thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] moving webhosting and losing all the old emails....

"...but this domain name is registered at register.com until 2014, so I
don't want to make them pay to move it over."

Just so you know, a domain isnt registered for some amount of time TO a
particular registrar itself.  Its registered with the dot-com registry via
the registrar (in this case Register.com).  If you move the domain over to
another registrar, it will keep its 2014 registration date.  In fact, I
believe Godaddy will add 1 year to your registration date (2015) if you
transfer to them and I think the transfer cost is 6.99 or something.  Also,
godaddy allows for dedicated IP addresses and complete DNS control.  I have
a couple of site hosted with them.