[thelist] IE - Done, but with errors on the page

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Tue Aug 4 00:55:13 CDT 2009

It took a little boring drudgery but the problems are resolved. Again
the problem was with a joomla cms installation.

After deleting all the JavaScript references in the
$webbhome/templates/$current_template/index.php file and seeing no
reward in sight I went with brute force and copied in vanilla $webhome
administrator components modules libraries with no luck. Then I went
after $webhome/templates and found that if I copied in a generic system
folder it resolved one error. Unfortunately the datestamps on the
original files under system were all the same so finding the offending
file would have required doing a file by file diff.

The second error was in a gzip file, do_cookie.js.php, which I had set up

<?php ob_start('ob_gzhandler'); include("do_cookie.js");
header('Content-Type: text/javascript; charset: UTF-8');
header('Expires: ' . gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s', time()+24*60*60*10) . '
GMT'); ?>

When I used shift+j to combine the file lines originally I must have
accidentally included a \n which wasn't apparent to the naked eye.
Breaking then recombining the lines fixed the second problem. Firebug
was helpful here in that it pointed out the correct file.