[thelist] CAPTCHA

Will willthemoor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 11:00:14 CDT 2009

Agreed. I love the reCAPTCHA project for the brilliant stroke of
crowdsourcing that it is but it seems like I'm having more and more
trouble figuring out what both words are. Perhaps they're running out
of easy scans or maybe I'm just getting dumber.

I've been pushing clients towards simple questions or using an input
hidden with css (not type=hidden) that should return empty. needs
strong messaging in place for users without css on (screen readers,
old cell phones) to leave it blank. They both work great and makes for
a more pleasant ux.

http://haacked.com/archive/2007/09/11/honeypot-captcha.aspx