[thelist] FW: Link Rot

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Aug 13 14:01:37 CDT 2009

Rudy noted:

>>the benefit is from having the database of urls, not from them being tiny

Correctamundo sir!

Yeah, I just noted that while reading Brady's comments.  The 'tinyurl' was a bit of a red herring.  I was referring more to the process of getting all the links into the backend table than to the size reduction to eliminate email wrap-breakage.  Spot on.

RonL.

Heh. Want to see something really fun? ... here is the actual example I included in my internal email (I needed an example since the memo will be going to a number of IT management folks - who, naturally, won't have a clue what a 'tinyurl' is): http://tinyurl.com/pv6s5u  Thought you might get a kick out of that!

;-)