[thelist] MOSS 2007 Configuration Problem

j s jslist at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 18 15:20:08 CDT 2009

Anyone out there good with setup of MOSS 2007?  I'm getting an error - that I can't track down an answer for.  "Cannot connect to the configuration database."

Created Farm with SQL server and a Windows 2008 server.  The default "SharedServices1" has an error:
(Provisioning failed: The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'sysusers', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'.)

The configuration SQL database has a domain admin user setup that has access to both servers.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Js