[thelist] Joomla anyone? also PHP randomizer?

John Corry jcorry.lists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 20:56:52 CDT 2009

I work at a Joomla shop.

Joomla is not something you 'add to the site'.

It IS the site.

Implementations (better described as train wrecks or cf's) I've seen of
'adding it to a site' included using iframes to display non-templated joomla
pages (that contained some component the client needed).

It's really not the way to go.

Redoing the site in Joomla would be the way to approach that problem. You
need not be a PHP developer to do that...though you will if you want to
customize Joomla or write your own components/modules...which is probably
unnecessary.

During that redesign, you'll get to select a template/theme for Joomla and
style it using your own graphic sense. It's easier than it sounds...unless
you decide to build your own template from scratch, which will suck...even
if you're a PHP pro.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.