[thelist] Data capture in Drupal...

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Thu Sep 10 04:24:39 CDT 2009

On 10 Sep 2009, at 10:11, Tris wrote:

> I'm new to Drupal and google isn't my friend today... :-(
> (I'm a PHP developer, but new to Drupal)
> I need to create a data capture table.
> Theuser goes to a form, enters data in fields 1, 2 and 3 etc...
> I then store that in my DB in a drupal, or custom table..
> I'm hugely confused how to do that...
> Anyone know if a module or a how to to point me in teh right
> direction?

CCK and Views are two modules that you would find enlightening I think:

http://drupal.org/project/cck  [1]

so you'd use CCK to create your data table as a content type - set up
who can use it in user permissions etc

then that will allow users to enter data into fields in a form and
store it with the Drupal data

you can then use the views module to creat a way to display that
'node' or lists of data etc.

[1] there are other modules that add to CCK that you might need:

see also: