[thelist] Community organizing sites?

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Sep 17 17:35:42 CDT 2009

I was asked about sites to facilitate the management of volunteers for
events during the year.  Which would simply be a way to enter events on a
calendar, specify times and the number of people needed.  This specific
request was for managing volunteers for a year at a school.  i.e. On the
22nd we need four volunteers for a field trip.

The idea is a central place people can go and find events that fit their
schedule and sign up.  In addition a way to review your upcoming
commitments, and what would be great is to have the system send out
reminders by email a few days before the event where each person would
re-confirm their involvement.

Anyone have recommendations for sites like this?

Thanks,

I've looked at wejoinin.com, which is too basic. Lotsa Helping Hands is
nice, but not meant for this purpose.  People have suggested just a google
spreadsheet but would need to code some way to remind people.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org