[thelist] pricing for web sites?

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 13:38:38 CDT 2009

> I have a particularly faithful client for years running, pays bill on
> time, you know and love the type.  However, there are pitfalls.  Every
> time she hears about something new, I hear the "Bob, would you look into
> this for me?" It might be a half hour, perhaps an hour, who knows?
>
> Do you consider this kind of research to be billable, the clock is
> ticking, or an assumed part of the profession?  We all should know all
> this stuff, right?  And it increases are value, yes?

I think it's billable. I am being paid as a consultant--if the client
wants me to code HTML, CSS and PHP and JS or if they want me to chat
on the phone or edit their JPGs bit with my rudimentary graphics
skills or research some subject, I consider those all "consulting."
And I have done all of the above. On the clock.