[thelist] Best PHP Email Newsletter Application

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Sep 29 14:08:29 CDT 2009

On 29 Sep 2009, at 10:44, Tony Spiro wrote:

> I would like it to send to personal email addresses because I think
> my mail
> server restricts how many I can send at one time and it looks more
> personal
> to send to their email rather than bcc.

Understood, but does the actual email subject/body need to contain
personalisation?

If not, a good ol' mailing list app like Mailman (that runs evolt's
lists) would do it nicely. You can lock it down such that only a
designated address can post; replies come to a defined address (say
yours), but don't get redistributed.[1]

Cheers
Martin
[1] Of course, allowing your members to converse amongst themselves
may be no bad thing... Cluetrain is as true as ever