[thelist] Sending Bulk Email

Joel Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Tue Oct 13 12:52:19 CDT 2009

> Presumably he aquired the list with each recipient's permission.  In
> which case it's not considered spam, IMHO.
>
> technical issues aside, in the US at least there are some pretty strict
guidelines, in addition to the fact that it doesn't matter what *we* think
is spam, it matters what the recipients think. legally, though, if you've
done business with someone or have given explicit permission, they can email
you and it's not spam, just as you say.

but as far as your recipients are concerned, if it's not personal,
anticipated, and relevant, what makes it *not* spam? to some degree, p, a &
r are relative, but *not* covered by the concept that "if they're not
interested they can just delete it."

joel