[thelist] Sending Bulk Email

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:57:56 CDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Joel Canfield <joel at bizba6.com> wrote:
> But if I use a service like Constant Contact, they also don't allow
>> this type of spam I think. I recall hearing once that if CC gets a
>> spam report on an email you send, they fine you $50.
>>
>> dunno about the fines, but they'll shut down the account, and whoever's
> name it's in will never get a CC account again.

No fines, and some spam reports are expected, even in fully opt-in
email lists. Users forget that they opted-in or they don't realize you
are the same people they opted into, etc. There are best practices to
mitigate these errors, but anyone having any experience in software
development knows that users will always find creative ways to do what
you wish they wouldn't. More info:

Spam Reports Aren't All Bad News
http://www.constantcontact.com/learning-center/hints-tips/ht-2009-07b.jsp

--