[thelist] Sending Bulk Email

Roberto Gorjão roberto at asenseofdesign.com
Tue Oct 13 14:13:25 CDT 2009

If the owners of the emails on that list did not express their will to
receive emails from your client and there's not a record of their IP at
the moment they took that option to prove it, then it will be regarded
by most recipients and respective servers as spam. Considering that
there are near 25 million businesses in US alone, you can easily imagine
what it would represent for our inboxes if each of them decided to do
the same your client is trying to. Someone has calculated that worldwide
at least 50 million new businesses are born every year, which means
about 137.000 per day.

Personally, I denounce as spam any email that I receive in the
conditions you've described. As a business owner I respect others right
of not receiving my publicity so I fully expect others to comply to the
same principle.

Roberto