[thelist] Video sizing - anyone have any tips on shrinking/compressing video?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 15 11:39:33 CDT 2009

On 2009/10/15 08:37 (GMT-0700) Gersten, John composed:

> we just want easy little clips that default to, say, 320x480 or even
> smaller, so we can provide short snippets of advice in near-postage stamp
> size for visitors

A 480x320 image or video takes up a mere 6% of my 140 DPI screen. If other
users of high resolution screens are anything like me, they find Youtube and
other videos sized to 1/8 their screen size or less essentially worthless,
same as for thumbnails 200px or less on a side. Basically I just don't bother
with videos of any kind off the web. Either they're too small, or too low
quality, or (usually) both. "Postage stamp" sized images amount to little
more than clutter.
--
"   A patriot without religion . . . is as great a
paradox, as an honest man without the fear of God. . . .

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/