[thelist] disabling web text copy & paste

steven streight vaspers at inbox.com
Wed Oct 21 13:35:20 CDT 2009

What is the HTML (JavaScript) code that prevents web browsers from copy & paste on text? You cannot highlight text and paste it, for example, to quote it in a blog post.

I rarely see it done. It seems super protective in an anti-web way. But some sites may need this security measure to avoid people stealing their content in special situations, which I sympathize with.

But why Snopes?

Steven E. Streight

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message and/or advertising approval, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.

Easily monitor multiple email accounts & access them with a click.
Visit http://www.inbox.com/notifier and check it out!