[thelist] css menu problem

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 10:38:18 CDT 2009

1.      In IE there is a gap between the red nav bar div and the gold

> donations div which I can not seem to eliminate.

I would go for a simpler approach. Create a graphic comprising the red and
gold bars and make that as a background for the main container (no-repeat).
That way there will never be an issue of the 2 marrying and your 'donations'
and menu items don't need any background.

> 2.      Is it possible to align the the red menu items to the right in the
> red menu bar and if so how do I do that?

Make all the list items float right and reverse the order in your list.

> Am I correct in building the menu as a <ul> ?

Yes, it is a list

> Should my donations link be in its own <ul> or is that fine just to leave
> as
> text?

Technically you could have a list of one but that would would presume you
were going to add to it. I'd have though it should be an H.

> Why do you use a list for a menu when it's a menu and not a list?

The word 'menu' is only a metaphor for its real world equivalent. Its really
a list of options so it is a list in my humble opinion.

By the way, you don't need right and left margins set to auto you just need
{margin: auto} unless you're setting the vertical placement as well.

Also, you don't need to define 0 in terms of pixels, {margin: 0} will
suffice.

Hope this helps
--
Chris Price