[thelist] css menu problem

James O'Donnell jimmyropes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 17:31:46 CDT 2009

Try adding this to your mainmenu css

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Birdie
Sent: Wednesday, 28 October, 2009 06:06
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] css menu problem

Sorry to post here, but have tried sending to the css-discuss list and its
not getting through.

I'm a newbie when it comes to css and positioning.

I have two problems that need looking at if anyone can help.

They both concern the menu bar.

Page is here: http://www.koolfish.com/test/index.html

Css is here: http://www.koolfish.com/test/css/mainstyles.css

1.	In IE there is a gap between the red nav bar div and the gold
donations div which I can not seem to eliminate.
2.	Is it possible to align the the red menu items to the right in the
red menu bar and if so how do I do that?

On a side note,

Am I correct in building the menu as a <ul> ?

Should my donations link be in its own <ul> or is that fine just to leave as

Why do you use a list for a menu when it's a menu and not a list?

Thanks in advance.

Workers of the Web, evolt !