[thelist] Windows 7 (64-bit)

Simon MacDonald simonmacdonald at uk2.net
Sat Oct 31 13:45:35 CDT 2009

I've upgraded Vista 32 bit to W7 Ultimate on my HP pavillion - I also did
not have the time to do  a clean install - I just wanted rid of Vista - went
smoothly. No probs with any software apart from the Verisign finger print
reader which I had to un-install - no loss, never use it. Run the upgrade
advisor first.

I intend to do a 64bit clean install when I have  more time (300-odd bits of
software to re-install!). i'm told I'll have to get MS to re-activate the 64
bit as I previously have activated the 32bit.

My laptop seems have been re-born in terms of speed and usability - no more
Not Responding, apart from in Outlook occasionally.

regards

Simon