[thelist] To have an SSL Certificate or Not?

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Tue Dec 1 08:10:32 CST 2009

> Does everyone think that the old stigma of "Paypal sucks--I must
> create an account so I'm not even going to deal with this, good bye."
> is mostly over today?
>
> I know that once upon a time, many were hesitant to use it.

If there is no other choice, people deal with it. It still has the
effect of causing stress on less knowledgeable types, tightening stomach
muscles. When it comes to registering with paypal and attaching credit
cards and such to it, the process needs to be simplified I think.  Here
is where you might considering adding a paypal FAQ of your own,
something to soften the blow. I have had clients request this.

On the bright side, it's easy to explain to clients that it manages the
security and that's a pleasant conversation.

Few people other than techies understand what an SSL certificate is, and
how to recognize that a site is secure. Do you read all the terms of
service and such before making purchases? Yes that's rhetorical

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Standards - you gotta love em with so many to choose from!
Rocket Science - the Art of Managing Distractions