[thelist] SEO and Blogs - Internal or External?

Todd Richards todd at promisingsites.com
Wed Dec 2 10:48:40 CST 2009

Client has an existing website and now wants to set up a blog.  SEO is going
to be important, and he wants to know - should we integrate a blog with his
site on the same server, or should he just set up an account with
Blogger/WordPress and link to it.  My gut is that the external way is fine,
but I couldn't find any hard facts on whether either way was the best, and
don't want him coming back later and saying "you messed it all up!".

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or any links that we could look over?

Thanks!

Todd