[thelist] Email Newsletters and Stylesheets

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 09:58:03 CST 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 7:43 AM, Kirk Roberts Design
<business at kirkrobertsdesign.com> wrote:

> paragraphs with <br><br>.

? There's no reason you can't still use paragraph tags. For that
matter, I've had no problems with specifying margins/padding on
block elements in emails.

> email coding which is plain old html.

You can use HTML or XHTML in email, as you prefer.

> I don't think validation requires use of a <p> tag. Also not sure if
> validation is so important in this context.

No, P tags not required. OTOH, I'd say try to make your email as
valid as possible in the interest of predictable behavior, just as with
a web page.

Oh, and one thing no one's mentioned: send multipart/alternative
mail with a nicely-formatted plain text version.

FWIW,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
twitter: @hassan